Our goals are:
- Be a platform for learning, knowledge and innovation on biogas and renewable organic resources
- Facilitate knowledge on the role of biogas and organic energy resources in the circular economy and the bio economy
- Contribute with the potential in biogas and organic energy resources in projects
- Take a holistic approach to the establishment and expansion of infrastructure for production and use of biogas in the region
- Aid in using local value chains and resource to create regional value creation and employment
- Push for a strengthening of the political focus on biogas and bio-fertilizers, both at a local, regional and national level
- Communicate knowledge, news and relevant information with regards to biogas and its extensive value chain
With Norway´s goal of becoming a zero-emission nation by 2050, we believe that biogas plays a crucial role as a circular, mature and fossil free technology that can be adopted right now. Because of this, biogas has a lot of potential to reduce climate emissions if utilized in for example freight traffic, ships and coaches, as well as in public city buses, smaller trucks and private vehicles, where biogas is used more frequently today. The production of biogas not only means we can utilize the organic waste resources from households and the rest of society, but it also means we can reduce emissions simply by taking advantage of the natural pathway for CO2. We believe the potential for biogas in Norway is much larger than what we see today.
The role of the network
- Creating arenas for political discussion to strengthen the implementation of biogas
• Mobilize resources for action through applications for grant programs, regionally, nationally and international
• Lead and participate in various biogas projects and initiatives in the region
• Facilitate knowledge-building internally in the network and externally to interested parties
Biogass Oslofjord have both worked and contributed in a range of projects since 2018. Among actively taking part in the development of the biogas cluster in the region and political decisions on biogas, we produce annual reports on the status of biogas in Norway and in the region.