About the organization
Biogas Oslofjord are collaborative network owned by the county members, Viken, Oslo and Vestfold & Telemark. The collaboration aim to gather the political work related to biogas and bio fertilizer.
The board is the highest body for Biogas Oslofjord, and adopts the annual action plan and budget. The board consist of appointed political representatives from the participating county municipalities and Oslo municipality. The board is responsible for approving and implementing the action plan and is an arena for professional and political discussion. Decisions and plans of a political nature shall be in accordance with the members’ established and adopted policy. The board determines the secretariat’s mandate.
The working group consists of administrative representatives from each of the members counties. The group contributes to ground Biogas Oslofjord projects in the region, function as a point of entrance into the county municipalities. The working group contributes by putting forward proposals for an action plan and budget, following up work throughout the year and provides specialist expertise from the members. Beyond this participates the parties in the projects where they have an interest and benefit from participating.
The secretariat works based on the mandate set by the board. The secretariat organizes the day-to-day work at Biogass Oslofjord and facilitates the work in the network, especially towards the working group. The secretariat collaborates with the working group and reports to the board.
Our goals are:
- Be a platform for learning, knowledge and innovation for the biogas industry and renewable organic resources
- Facilitate knowledge on the role of biogas and organic energy resources in the circular economy and the bioeconomy
- Contribute with the potential in biogas and organic energy resources in projects
- Take a holistic approach to the establishment and expansion of infrastructure for production and use of biogas in the region
- Aid in using local value chains and resource to create regional value creation and employment
- Push for strengthening the political focus on biogas and bio-fertilizers, both at a local, regional and national level
- Communicate knowledge, news and relevant information with regards to biogas and its extensive value chain
With Norway´s goal of becoming a zero-emission nation by 2050, we believe that biogas plays a crucial role as a circular, mature and fossil free technology that can be adopted right now. Because of this, biogas has a lot of potential to reduce climate emissions if utilized in for example freight traffic, ships and coaches, as well as in public city buses, smaller trucks and private vehicles, where biogas is used more frequently today. The production of biogas not only means we can utilize the organic waste resources from households and the rest of society, but it also means we can reduce emissions simply by taking advantage of the natural pathway for CO2. We believe the potential for biogas in Norway is much larger than what we see today.
The role of the network
- Establish arenas for political discussion to strengthen the implementation of biogas
• Mobilize resources for action through applications for grant programs, regionally, nationally and international
• Lead and participate in various biogas projects and initiatives in the region
• Facilitate knowledge-building internally in the network and externally to interested parties
Biogass Oslofjord have both worked and contributed in a range of projects since 2018. Among actively taking part in the development of the biogas cluster in the region and political decisions on biogas, we produce annual reports on the status of biogas in Norway and in the region.
We are always happy to engage in a biogas discussion, possible projects and cooperations.
Please contact us if you have any questions
+47 93 20 61 56
+47 48 00 48 25